Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 2




We went to the breakfast buffet and just put a little bit of everything on his plate: bacon, fish sticks, fruit, steamed buns & veggies. We found out he does not like mushrooms. How did we know? He moved them from his plate to mine... I think we put too much food on his plate. You could tell when he had enough, he put his hand on his head & shut his eyes. Then we went back to the room. As soon as we enter the room, he takes off his shoes, jacket, sweater & pants & puts them away. Then he's off to play. He cried a little this morning. We think he has realized that he is not going back to the orphanage. It just broke our hearts but we know this is part of the greiving process for him. All we could do was hold him, rock him & tell him everything was alright. it was all over in a matter of minutes. Then he went back to playing. Grace came to pick us up & was talking to Kai. She asked him if he liked us & how everything went. He told her he liked us (thank goodness)& wanted to come back with us. Then we were off to take pictures ( I don't know what for, I'm sure it has something to do with some paperwork). We went to a market to buy Kai some clothes. We were supposed to make deals w/these folks. Yeah, we really hated it & Grace just laughed at us. Look folks, we just want to buy P.J.'s, underwear, 3 shirts, sox, & a pair of pants. How hard could this be? We hate the whole make a deal aspect of it but whatever. Since we were done early, we decided to go to the Lama Temple. It was absolutely gorgeous. This is where the photos were taken. Then we went off to the toy store to pick up more cars & a play cell phone. He knows how to work the hotel phone-he managed to get in touch w/laundry service & room service. LOL. We are so lucky. He was patient throughout the shopping, picture taking, temple visit & toy store. He was so quiet when we were out but once we got back in the room, we heard all about his day. Not one complaint...he is definitley spoiling us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, he is a doll!! You make a beautiful family. I can't wait to see him when you get home. Come home safely. Love, Donna (Juv Ct)

Elizabeth, David, Katie, &Chloe said...

He looks so sweet. I know ya'll are having a great time in China. I hated the markets as well. One time I had to just leave the group and get outside and wait. It was so hot and everybody was touching you and grabing your arms to get you to buy from them. He seems to be loving you and James. He is just perfect for your family.
Elizabeth

Elizabeth, David, Katie, &Chloe said...

He looks so sweet. I know ya'll are having a great time in China. I hated the markets as well. One time I had to just leave the group and get outside and wait. It was so hot and everybody was touching you and grabing your arms to get you to buy from them. He seems to be loving you and James. He is just perfect for your family.
Elizabeth

Victoria said...

Robby hates mushrooms too - he says "Who would eat a fungus?"