We had our required 6 month post adoption visit and all went well. I cleaned the house like a mad woman only to find out that the caseworker was not interested in doing a walk through of the house. I will keep this in mind when we have our 12 month visit in December. She was only interested in an update of Kai. Really the visit was about an hour and she sent the report to us. We in turn sent the report and the required 4 pictures of our family to our agency. They will translate it and forward it the CCAA (Chinese Center of Adoption Affairs). People have asked what happens if we don't submit the reports. I have no idea but I don't want to find out. Its just one more thing we have to do.
Six months has gone by quickly. We are so proud of how far Kai has come along. We haven't had any bonding or attachment issues. He is an absolute joy. He prefers to be given chores and does them without complaining or hesitation and when J comes home from work, Kai explains to baba "Kai helped mama washed dishes". He says "thank you for food and cooking" at mealtime. I cherish these moments for I am sure that when he is older he will think its the end of the world to pick up his own stuff. Just like his mama, he is quiet around others but when its just the 3 of us, it is nonstop talking.
He is definitely watching us. Here's an example: The other day we were in traffic. Well, Kai told baba to honk the horn and go. I asked him where he learned that from. His reply "Be like baba. Honk horn and go". We couldn't help but laugh.
Oh, just to update from the last post on swimming. He does not know how to swim but did get comfortable in the pool with the help of a ring.
No comments:
Post a Comment